One of my students told me at the start of our class together this week:
“I have pain everywhere! But I didn’t want to cancel the class so that you can show me what I can do.”
First of all: Love this spirit ❤️
So what did we do?
- I asked him questions about his pain, so that we could figure out where it was and what triggered it. Turns out, it wasn’t really everywhere 😄
- And then we explored different movements and postures to find out what helps and what aggravates the pain.
I had three things on my mind:
- I didn’t want him to be afraid of moving by fear of aggravating the pain. This is how you give pain power and let it take over your life (I’ve definitely been there.)
- Movement promotes healing, so it’s very important to find ways that he can move (even a little) to stimulate circulation and heal faster.
- I wanted to give him agency over his health. Space to explore the sensations and notice by himself what works in his best interest. He left the class with a lot more information about the pain he was feeling and how to deal with it.
Anyway, he’s a champ with the best possible mindset. I’m sure he’ll get better soon.
If you need help dealing with pain, I’d love to share my knowledge with you.
Being in pain can feel overwhelming at times and you definitely don’t have to go through this alone 💜